Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pipe Organ Update

Thanks to the good folks who supplied assistance regarding spacing on the diyapasion chat I've got the holed drilled in the piston rails. The swell rail has swell to pedal and 1 thru 5 swell divisional pistons The great rail will have set, 1 thru 5 generals, great to pedal, 1 thru 5 great divisional, transpose up and transpose down, sforzando, and cancel. I missed the shipment of the Opus-2 controls due to my stupidity in forgetting my address. These are being sent again and I hope Dave Milton has forgiven me. When these arrive I will be busy rewiring everything in a more permanent fashion. I found some nice light, flexible hose at Lowe's where I work to use in tubing off the many bass notes. I was using tygon tubing but this is expensive, heavy and stiff requiring me to use barbed 90 deg elbows and supporting with wires from the ceiling. The new hose I'm using is made for piping water from sump pumps and costs about $8.00 for 25 feet at the store where I work. That saves a dollar a foot over the clear stuff. I will be adding more pictures when the rails are wired in.

No comments: